Popular Posts

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Taking Risks

     

   Hey everyone, this post is a special one that is mostly just going to be talking and discussing topics and things that come to my mind. It's going to be a "journal post". A type of post where you don't know which one of us cacti is writing it. It makes it easier to discuss more intimate things and feelings, but also is comfortable because it's sort of anonymous.

   So i suck at taking risks. Most people probably wouldn't think that or know that, but i do. It's not even really fear of rejection,  or the actual action, it's just that paralyzing fear the second before of being utterly exposed and opening yourself up. Whether it's cliff jumping, or pursuing a passion, or telling someone you think they're cute, risks are essential to change in your life. Change is one of the biggest stressors in our lives yet it usually results in something happy.For example say you want to be friends with somebody. I can guarantee you that people are so caught up in their own insecurities and awkwardness that they are not even aware of yours. Just go up and talk to them. The worst that can happen is that they turn out to be an asshole and you can move on. It sounds so cliché but usually the way I get myself to take risks is to think about what the absolute worst scenario could be, and realizing that I would be fine. 

Our culture is really weird if you think about it. It has to always be a secret when you are attracted to someone, platonically or not, and it's made to be such a big deal. A whole load of time and worries could be cut off if we could all just be honest with each other. Telling someone "I like you" can feel like being naked and exposed, but that's just for a brief amount of time after which you can move from there.We've all conditioned each other to keep our feelings hidden and concealing our happiness and sadness, to figure out our thoughts on our own, when sharing and conferring in others is the best kind of release. I've been trying a lot lately to be more open and connecting with people more, trusting them to trust me. Honestly it's a slow process but it's made me someone that I like more! Feeling yourself connect with other people on an intimate level is one of the best in the world. Knowing you can trust someone unconditionally is too! So I challenge you to go out there and be open to trusting people. Don't go blindly into it though, find someone and let them earn your trust, but please be open to it. I can vouch for the fact that it is very nice to have people like that.

 Anyways that was my little rant of the night. I hope you can relate or this can help you in some way. If you ever need help or personal advice you can always email us at cactus collective@gmail.com, goodnight!!

(ps this was some art I made while bored, it's on adobe illustrator)


   


No comments:

Post a Comment